Creams for dog walker’s hands
I spend a lot of time outside, which can cause my hands to become very dry and cracked. In some cases, they can be quite painful. I have tried various ointments and creams to treat my hands, and today I am going to share my top 5!
DISCLAIMER: I have not been paid to advertise these products, this is my honest opinion.
- The Body Shop, Almond Hand and Nail Cream. £11 for 100ml on the Body Shop website. This is one of the first creams that I tried. I have many of the body shops other products and it happened to be on sale one Christmas. They have a few different “flavours” but the almond cream drew my attention. It has both a lovely smell and consistency. The quality of the product is great and the packaging is also attractive. It comes in different sizes, the smallest one being an ideal size to keep in your bag. Others have recommended the hemp “flavour” if you wanted to try and alternative.
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. 150ml is £19 on the Kiehl’s website. I was bought this by a previous client, as a Christmas present. They had obviously noticed the condition of my hands! I was very grateful as the cream was cool and soothing upon application. It is the most expensive cream that I am recommending, but, in my opinion, well-worth the money. The website provides as accurate description of the product, stating that it ‘forms a “glove-like” protection barrier against moisture loss’.
- Avon Care Intensive Relief Hand Treatment. £4 for 100ml on the Avon website. This hand treatment is fantastic and thick. You can apply a decent coating over the cracks in your hands, providing a great barrier and locking in moisture. It has an affordable price and you can get free delivery via your local Avon representative.
- O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Hand Cream. 96g is £4.99 on Amazon (when bought as an “add-on” item). A little bit goes a long way with this particular cream. Many outdoorsy people rave about this cream and through recommendation, I tried it for myself. It was an amazing find and I will definitely be purchasing more, my hands healed very well! It’s formula contains glycerin, which helps lock in moisture into your hands. It also contains Allantoin which helps protect your skin.
- Utterly Smooth moisturising cream. 340g is £8.89 on Amazon. A thick moisturising cream, originally made for application on cows udders! Constant hand washing and cold outside temperatures leads to cracked sore hands. This cream helps to smooth roughness and condition the skin. The cream doesn’t become greasy and really soothes the skin!
These creams have helped me personally and I hope this post has been helpful. Before purchasing, check the ingredients to ensure that you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients.