Frozen apple and turmeric bites
A nice healthy treat for your pooches.
Makes approximately 45 but will vary with mould size. Feed 1 per dog per day.
-Ice cube trays (I used 3)
- 500 ml water
- 6 apples cored and chopped into small pieces
- 10g ground turmeric
- 1 banana
- 100g extra virgin, raw, cold pressed Coconut Oil in liquid form
- Heat the apple and water on a low heat, stirring occasionally until the apple turns soft
- Leave this to cool
- Puree the apple mixture in a blender
- Add the turmeric, coconut oil and banana
- Blend until smooth
- Spoon into ice cube moulds
- Freeze until solid
- Transfer into a large ziplock bag
- Serve frozen, 1 cube per day per dog. The treats should keep for approximately 3-6 months in the freezer.
Nutritional Information Per 100g:
Energy: 666.5KJ/ 160.9Kcal
Of which Saturates: 10.4g
Of which sugars: 11.8g